Vertical, recirculating Hydroponic Growing System
This is our standard growing system. It is a vertical, recirculating hydroponic growing system and comes with three (3) stacking pots. It has a plant capacity of between 6-12 plants (depending on what you want to grow) and is perfect for those just starting out and learning the ropes.
The vertical stacking pot system is a unique concept patented worldwide by Verti-Gro, Inc.™ of the USA. The pots are manufactured under licence in South Africa using high-grade polysterene. They can be painted or spray painted with an acrylic paint in any colour finish, which is a wonderful way of adding a splash of colour to your system.
Included in your purchase:
- 1 x 25L reservoir bucket with ball valve for easy drainage of the system.
- 1 x 20L inner bucket and lid
- 1 x Waterhouse WH1000 Pond or Fountain Pump
- 1 x 1.0m PVC water column with BSP thread fittings
- 1 x Drip emitter unit
- 1 x Water level inspection unit
- 1 x Dip Stick
- 3 x Stackable Growing Pots
- 1 x WACO Digital timer switch
- 1 x 20ml dropper bottle of Sporekill agricultural disinfectant (For sterilising your system and water supply)
The system is scalable and can be upgraded to hold up to six (6) pots. To do this, you’ll need to purchase the following accessories from the store:
- 1 x 1.5m water column
- 3 x Stackable growing pots
The system does not include growing medium or fertiliser as part of the purchase.
There is a high personal preference for these items and therefore, they are sold separately.
Growing medium and fertiliser can be purchased via our online store, but are available for sale at most garden centres and nurseries throughout South Africa and abroad.
Plants also have a preference for certain growing mediums and fertilisers, so we suggest that you speak to us or your local garden expert to understand what is most suitable for the plants you intend to grow.
Waterhouse recommends the use of a 50/50 mix of 12mm Composted Pine Bark and Perlite for most applications.